Below is an overview of our Terms of Service for our “Platform”, which means any website, application, or service we offer. You should read the complete Terms of Service because that document (and not this overview) is our legally binding agreement. The Terms of Service includes information about your legal rights and covers areas such as automatic subscription renewals, limitations of liability, resolution of disputes by mandatory arbitration rather than a judge or jury in a court of law, and a class action waiver.
Your Relationship with Confy
· By using our Platform, you are agreeing to our Terms of Service. The Terms of Service are a legally binding agreement between you and Confy.
· If you break the rules, we may suspend or terminate your account.
· We charge for certain aspects of our Platform, and some of these fees are billed on a regular and recurring basis (unless you disable auto-renewal or cancel your subscription).
Confy Organizations, Owners and Members
· While there is probably a Confy organization out there for everyone, not every Confy organization is for you. If you can’t find the right organization, you can easily start your own Confy organization.
· Using our Platform involves meeting real people and doing real things in the real world, which can sometimes lead to unexpected situations. We can’t control what happens in the real world, and we are not responsible for it. You should use common sense and good judgment when interacting with others.
Your Content and Content of Others
· You are responsible for your “Content”, which means any information, material, or other content posted to our Platform. Your Content must comply with our Terms of Service, which includes the Usage and Content Policies, Organizations and Events Policies, Owner and Leadership Standards, Member Restrictions, Payment Policies, Trademark Usage Guidelines, and API License Terms. Your Content is also subject to our Intellectual Property Dispute Policies.
· We do not own the Content that you post. However, we do require that you provide us a license to use this Content in order for us to operate, improve, promote, and protect Confy and our Platform for the benefit of you and others.
· We are not responsible for Content that members post or the communications that members send using our Platform. We generally don’t review Content before it’s posted. If you see Content that violates our Terms of Service, you may report inappropriate Content to us.
· We try hard to make sure that our Platform is always available and working, but we cannot guarantee it will be. Occasionally things may not go exactly as planned. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
· We are continually improving our Platform. This means that we may modify or discontinue portions of our Platform.
· By using our Platform, you agree to the limitations of liability and release in our Terms of Service. You also agree to resolve any disputes you may have with us in the manner described in the Terms of Service. Unless you are based in the European Union, you agree to mandatory arbitration and waive your right to seek relief from a judge or jury in a court of law. Claims can only be brought individually, and not as part of a class action.
· You may be based in a country where the laws that apply provide for different or additional rights and obligations. These Terms of Service will point out areas of difference. Terms of Service Our Terms of Service contain important information about your legal rights. To make it easier to understand, we have provided summaries and tips in these gray boxes. These summaries are not part of the official terms, and it is important for you to read the language in each section carefully.
1. This Agreement Summary:
You agree to follow some basic rules when using Confy’s Platform. These rules are described in these Terms of Service, including the related policies and guidelines discussed below. We may change these rules.
1.1 The Agreement.
Confy enables you and other members to arrange offline, real-world Confy organizations and Confy events. The terms “Confy,” “we,” “us,” and “our” include Confy, Inc. and our corporate parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries. We use the terms “you” and “your” to mean any person using our Platform, and any organization or person using the Platform on an organization’s behalf. We use the word “Platform” to mean any website, application, or service offered by Confy, including content we offer and electronic communications we send. We provide our Platform to you subject to these Terms of Service. We use the terms “Terms of Service” and “Agreement” interchangeably to mean this document together with our Usage and Content Policies, Organizations and Events Policies, Owner and Leadership Standards, Member Restrictions, Payment Policies, Trademark Usage Guidelines, and API License Terms. Your use of the Platform signifies that you agree to this Agreement. If you are using the Platform for an organization, you agree to this Agreement on behalf of that organization, and represent you have authority to bind that organization to the terms contained in this Agreement. If you do not or are unable to agree to this Agreement, do not use our Platform. Tip: These Terms of Service are an agreement between you and Confy and not between you and any other member.
1.2 Revisions to this Agreement.
We may modify this Agreement from time to time. When we do, we will provide notice to you by publishing the most current version and revising the date at the top of this page. If we make any material change to this Agreement, we will provide additional notice to you, such as by sending you an email or displaying a prominent notice on our Platform. By continuing to use the Platform after any changes come into effect, you agree to the revised Agreement. If you do not wish to accept the revised Agreement, you can close your account.
2. Your Account and Membership Summary:
You need to be at least 18 years old to use our Platform. Confy owners control the Content and membership of their Confy organizations. However, we may remove any Content you post or terminate your account at any time.
Our Platform is available to anyone who is at least 18 years old. You represent that you are at least 18. Additional eligibility requirements for a particular portion of our Platform may be set by any member who has the ability to moderate or manage that portion of our Platform. For example, the eligibility requirements for a Confy organization or Confy event may be set by the owners of that organization.
2.2 Modification, Suspension, and Termination of Your Account.
We may modify, suspend, or terminate your account or access to the Platform if, in our sole discretion, we determine that you have violated this Agreement, including any of the policies or guidelines that are part of this Agreement, that it is in the best interest of the Confy community, or to protect our brand or Platform. When this happens, we will notify you of the reasons for the modification, suspension, or termination. We also may remove accounts of members who are inactive for an extended period of time. Please email email@example.com if you believe the modification, suspension, or termination has occurred in error. A member who has the ability to moderate or manage a particular portion of our Platform also has the ability, in his or her sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or terminate your access to that portion of the Platform.
2.3 Account Information and Security.
When you register, you provide us with some basic information, including an email address and a password. Keep your email address and other account information current and accurate. Also, you agree to maintain the security and confidentiality of your password (or else we may need to disable your account). We strongly encourage you to choose a strong and unique password that is not shared with any other account or online service and practice other healthy password security habits to help avoid unauthorized access to your account. You alone are responsible for anything that happens from your failure to maintain that security and confidentiality, such as by sharing your account credentials with others. If someone is using your password or accessing your account without your permission, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.4 License to the Confy Platform and Services.